Monday, June 9, 2008

The Blue Mosque

The Blue Mosque- Istanbul


The Blue Mosque is one of the most prominent landmarks of Istanbul, especially when viewed from the First Hill or from the Asian shore of the Sea of Marmara. The located in of the mosque is just opposite of the splendid Church of Hagia.

The Blue Mosque was founded by Sultan Ahmet I. He ordered Architect Mehmed Aga to begin constuction in 1609 and the whole complex was completed in 1616. The style of the building splendid by the perfect proportion of domes and semidomes as well as the splendid minarets. The mosque has 260 windows which let the sunlight diffuse into the building quite nicely. They were filled with stained-glass in early 17C but they were restored later. The pulpit and nave is worth seeing, made of marble and originals. When visiting the Blue Mosque, one should remember the prayer times, five times a day. First one in the very early in morning, second at noon time, third in afternon, fourth in evening and last fifth before going to bed. The mosque is closed at prayer times for 1-1.5 hours. One should prefer to visit the mosque in the morning or before 3-4 o'clock in the afternoon because the prayer times rotate according to the sun's positions




Why I choose the the Blue Mosque in Istanbul ?

I choose The Blue Mosque because the mosque indicates to Islamic place. It looks honor and the old building is very beautiful in the world. When I looked the mosque I also thought about the history of the important persons of Islam.


My Dream House

I dream to have a simple house, it is not too big, and it is two-story house. There are a kitchen and a living room in the first floor. In second floor, there are two bedrooms and a praying room. I dream to build it in my village because I need to live together with my family and relatives. Around the house have the flower garden and behind the house have the tropical fruits. I want to live far from the people’s house because I do not like the crowd. I hope my dream become true………hi3. hi3. hi3… Insyaallah.

3 comments:

..::perjuangan ini::.. said...

salam..wa ur so sweet..but living with sosity will teach us how to solve poblem and making frends a lot is very sweet..=)

..::perjuangan ini::.. said...

salam..wa ur so sweet..but living with sosity will teach us how to solve poblem and making frends a lot is very sweet..=)

hasliza said...

wow...i can imagine that ur house.around the house flower garden n tropical fruit. i luv that..enviroment fresh n quietly...i hope u dream house become true...