Thursday, June 5, 2008

Burj Al-Arab in Dubai

Burj Al-Arab in Dubai




The Burj Al-Arab is situated in the Jumeirah Beach area of Dubai in United Arab Emirates (UAE). It is located in 15 km from the main city centre and 25 km from Dubai International Airport.

The architect and designer of the Burj Al-Arab was Tom Wright. He was the Design Director that the person who the first drawing of the Burj Al-Arab concept in October 1993. It was built on 21st September 2004 on its own artificial island and completed on site in 1999.

The architect was designed and created the building that would become a symbol and also an icon for Dubai, a building that would become synonymous with the place. As Sydney has its ‘Opera House’ and Paris the ‘Eiffel Tower’, so Dubai was to have the ‘Burj Al-Arab’.

The style of the building is modern was built on the shape of modern yacht sail to reflect Dubai’s seafaring heritage combined with a modern aspect moving forward into the future, to a global one. The Burj is becoming a world resort location, so the building had to say holiday, fun and sophistication all things related with yachting.

‘The Burj Al-Arab Hotel’ is very famous as the world’s tallest hotel and the world’s only ‘7 Star’ class hotel. This ‘Arabian Tower’ hotel is the tallest hotel building in the world and become a symbol of the uniqueness of the city of Dubai. The Burj is 321 metres high and also the tallest stand-alone hotel in the world. From the top floor is the ‘Skyview Bar’, with sunset views over the sea.

The hotel was built on sand, which is unusual and different as most tall building was built and founded on rock. The amazing facts that the trusses on the side of the Arabian Tower are as long as a football field and weight as much as 20 double-decker busses.

There is something interesting that ‘if one man was to build the building, it would take about 8,000 years to finish’.

My Own Reason

I have already seen many kind of pictures of structure, building and tower around the world. All of them are very very unique and famous. Among the structures, there is my favourite famous building. It is the Burj Al-Arab which located in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE). There are a few reasons why I have chosen this unique and unusual building.

The main reason is because I had already went to Dubai and visited some places of the city. The most interesting places that attracted me, of course the Burj Al-Arab. I can’t go near the building but only stand outside the building to take my photograph. I had some of pictures of that. The real view of Burj was over the shining blue sea that I saw. It was the value greatly moments that I will never forget. It so so engrossed.

The second reason is the Burj and other structures was shown our accomplishment and successful of Islamic country to the entire world. The third reason is about it shape and design. It shape is very unique and it is totally an unusual designing. It looks like a giant sail or boat which sailing over the sea. The fourth is, the Burj is the only ‘7 Star’ class hotel in the world. It shows that the hotel is full of luxuriousness and prosperous.

Although, this hotel is only suitable for millionaires and billionaires to stay but we those not staying in the hotel have the chances to get in there just to walk around and visits some parts of the building. But, you must pay an entrance fee around US$50. It is not bad for people like us to experience the moment.

I wish that I will go back to Dubai and walk around the building. So that, I should begin my saving from now. I know I have to work hard to achieve my dream.



My Dream Home

Everyone of us has a dream house. It is what we would like to do and to live in the future. I always dreamed of having my own house. My admire house should be the wonderful house, greenery, ‘live’, and multi-purpose place.

When I read any paper or magazine, or I surved to the certain website, I will never miss to review or survey the part of decoration and designing of houses and also clothes. I enjoyed the pictures, images, drawing, painting and so on. I said to myself, “I want my house look like ‘this’, and probably it should be more creative and more wonderful than that”.

First of all, the location of my dream house is very important factor. I plan to stay in the house for a considerable length of time. The location would give me feel more comfortable to live at. The house would be located in the suburbs, not far from the town because I am not really like the shining and bright lights.

I like to build my dream house which the front view of my house could be a mosque and a ‘Madrasah Tahfiz’. The place where the peoples of all ages studying about religion and memorizing of al-Quran. I want my family and I will always covered and experience the environment and our daily life in pleasant surroundings of good things.

My house is made of stone and brick except the small shelter could be from wood. It has two floors with a main bedroom and three other bedrooms. In the centre of first floor, there is the main family room for my family to spend time and watching television together. Behind that, there is a mini-library and pray room for whole family. In the middle of the house is the main staircase to goes up and go down to the two floors.

On the ground floor, on the left of the house it is a large sitting room for guests or visitors such as friends and the family members. Next to the living room, it is a room for mini gym where the space for our healthy exercise routine. On the right, there is a kitchen and two dining rooms for men and women. Under the staircase, there is also a laundry room and on the outside of laundry room is the long hanging place with the transparent roof.

The front view of the home usually within close to public street. So the home landscapes is the first impression that people will see and attract, so that the object of the front landscape should be to frame the home. I would like to decorate a beautiful garden which full of variety of beautiful and colourful flowers and plants. The potted flowers bring splashes of color and greenery. It is welcome visitors to my home. On the left there is a walkways that my family can walk with me along the garden path. On the right, it would be a mini-playground for my children to play in every evening hour. In the centre of the house is the place to park my cars. It is the garage without roof.

The rear view of house, I will build a medium swimming pool because I love swimming very much for my good exercise. Besides that, I would like to plant any kind of vegetables like chilli, limau kasturi leaf, pandan leaf, green onions and so on. I also will create two beautiful small shelters as a relaxing space that encourages ‘Family Gathering’ and a space to share with the people like friends and family.

I hope my dream home will be come true. I know I have to work hard to achieve my dream.

1 comment:

hasliza said...

i think ur house must be a beautiful house in this world n also the enviroment will be good. n the most important, u can save budget for buy the vegetable b'coz u just pick up at ur garden..wish ur dream will be true..i'm always pray with u..