Thursday, June 5, 2008

famous building and my dream house

Petronas Tower - Kuala Lumpur


The building that I have selected was Petronas Twin Tower at Kuala Lumpur. The building is one of the most impressive pieces of architecture in the world is the magnificent 452 metres high Petronas Twin Tower, that are linked by a walk-bridge at 41st floor. As the world’s second tallest building, 88 floors, the Twin Towers has an Islamic influence that gives both a futuristic and historical feeling. Some people men that the towers in a way is post modern version inspired by another architectural masterpiece, Gaudi’s cathedral Sagrada Familia in Barcelona.

The Twin Towers are the most prominent address in the Golden Triangle Area, which is the business district in down town Kuala Lumpur. Here you find Petronas Oil Company, Microsoft Malaysia and many regional corporate headquarters. But it is also a cultural hub with the symphony orchestra Dewan Philharmonik Petronas and the leading fine art gallery in Malaysia, Galeri Petronas.

On several beneath the towers, you will also find a first class, large shopping complex, with Japan’s leading department store Isetan among others stores. The Petronas Twin Towers is a great tourist attraction but the tickets to enter the walk-bridge on the 41 st floor are distributed every day on a limited basis, so I recommend you to go there early in the morning.


Why I choose the building?

I choose the building because I like this building. As many we can see, Petronas Twin Towers have many interesting places that we can go. For example, it has many places that we can call as the precint for dining, art and cultural, entertainment and edutainment, business, shopping, health and recreation, healthcare, hotels, mosque, car park, gas station, post office, money changer, conference and exhibition guide and banks. So, what ever we want at the Petronas Twin Towers we can get it. One thing that I like about the building, we can see a beautiful view of Kuala Lumpur City at night.


My dream house

I have my own dream house. I want the house that have seen like in the village or we can call as a ‘kampung house’. So, it must located out of city but not so inner. The house must have a big space like a garden. It is made from wood so that I can feel the wind from the outside. The house must have three or four bedrooms and each rooms have a bathrooms. Then near at my house have a river that I can feel the fresh air and clean water. I also can go fishing…hehe. That’s all, just a simple house.

No comments: