Sunday, May 25, 2008

Lost at Gunung Lumut

At the past 4 years, me and with my friends was going to hiking mount Lumut with high about 1043m and located in Johor. We start our journey at my house at 6.00am and arrived there about an hour later. After a couple minute of rest, we setup out camp at the appropriate place and can’t wait to continue our journey to the peak of the mountain. Before we continue the hiking, the leaders ask us to standing our body as a warm-up to prevent any injuries that might be happened to us. While me doing like others, I feel like my leg maybe hurt but I ignore the pain because too exited to climb the mountain.

Around 9.00am, we start our hiking. I feel very happy and can’t wait to see the beautiful of the environment and the flora and fauna at this virgin mount. After 2 hours of hiking, I feel very tired and my left leg feel very pain. I can’t continue my journey with my friend and I have to stop. I take a few breath before I want to call my friend, Tasya which is in front of me, when I take my breath suddenly I felt down. At least 2 hours I wake up and I realize that my friends might not alert that I’m not with them. Then I make a decision to go back to our camp and wait them there.

After 3 hours of hiking, I still not reach any camp and I realize that I might be lost alone in this mountain. I was panic because the clouds have gone black and bringing water with them and also afraid of wild animal. Me with my brave heart. Continue my walk until arrive at one big rock near the waterfall. Because the pain of my leg and very tired I’m rest at the rock. The clock showed that the time is 7.00pm and I’m really worried. Suddenly I heard my friends shouting my name. Finally, they reach me at the big rock and take me back to the camp. Alhamdullillah, I’m safe. That is something I can’t forget in my life.

1 comment:

akma said...

you so brave fila... if that story it's happen to me, i don't know what i have to do. i think i'm just crying...waaa!!!!