Monday, May 26, 2008

THE UNFORGIVING

It is a good thing to has someone who care for you, in fact every single person on earth will pay their attention to someone they care. I do have a friend that I care a lot. His name is Zulkifli. People called him “jebon” for he has a bad looking face with his fatty body and curly hair. The only person who called him by his name was me. I called him Zul, as the short form of his name, Mohd Zulkifli. We studied together and were always sit beside each other since in pre-school up till in former school.

To be such a close friend other was a very jealous thing to our Form 5 class mate, Jabal. Jabal and his allies will always have a point to criticize us, even in the food that we ate together. But we do have teachers who will always support their students; as we were always competing each other for the first two places in every test. In fact, this could be the reason for Jabal’s act.

Those naughty boys had never being our topic of conversation till a day that I can never ever forget. It happened when I was on my way to school. To my surprise, I was blocked by Jabal who ride on his black 125 Z, Yamaha motorcycle. I was forced to hand him my additional mathematics’ homework. How on earth should I ever do that? So I keep on hitting the road to school as I might be late if I go on entertaining him.

During the Additional Mathematics’ class, as usual, Pn Rosmah instructed as to show her our homework. Zul acts weirdly as he kept on at rest, without any sign of handing over the tasks. I asked him, but he remained silent, refused to communicate with others, even when Pn Rosmah asked him. This must surely because of Jabal’s act. I told Pn Rosmah what is exactly in my mind after the class, and she told me to be patient and let her take care of the rest.

The next week, Zul was absent. Jabal had already being stopped to other school after Pn Rosmah visit Jabal’s parents yesterday after the school. Suddenly the class became confusion when Pn Suraya, our homeroom teacher, came to the class, with her eyes full of tears. Without realize it, my tears run quickly as Pn Suraya told us that Zul departed this life that morning. Zul was hit by a car when he was on his way to school.

Police’s investigation informed that it was done by Jabal. It is hard for me to forget the day that we had together, and the hardest part is to think about how Zul leave me. I don’t think he deserve it, but Zul always remind me, “we live this life with divine destiny, everything had already being arranged so let the past be the past, face up the future as today decide a better tomorrow”.

No comments: