Monday, May 26, 2008

Something that i can't forget in my life

The life in teachers trainee college 9 years ago was still fresh in my memory. The one that I cannot forget was the days that I joined temporary army training which is also known as “501 regiment” in Johor. During the days, I was trained to be a real soldier or in other words I have to behave like a real soldier. The training session was lasted about 3 weeks and can be divided into three categories which were conducted differently for each week.

During the first week, I was exposed to the first category of training which is known as fitness session. During this session, I had been forced to run about 20 kilometers a day. Can you imagine how far it is and how I felt that time? All I can say is it was a very tiring and exhausting time for me because I had to use all my energy. No wonder many had quitted during the first week as they could not stand the pressure that that have been put on them. But for me, though it was hard I enjoyed myself very much and there were no words of quitting came out from my mouth.

During the second week, the training session became harder than before. All the trainees including me had been sent to “Hutan Panti” in Kota Tinggi Johor for a jungle training session. There, I was trained to survive in the jungle and the skills of using different types of weapons. With the weapon (M16) that had been given to each of the trainee I was also trained to feel the situation of war. Even though it was not a real war, but I could feel the spirit of defending our country from enemies.

The last week of the training session, I was trained to march in large groups and it was not as easy as I thought. Beside s that, I had to attend a few classes on handling weapons, communication, disciplinary class, team management, combat medic and many more.

The experience that I had gone through the training till know was still fresh in my mind and I hope one day I can get the opportunity to join the temporary army training again.

No comments: