Monday, May 26, 2008

My Last Examination Paper

There was an incident that I will never forget in my life. It was the week of my second semester final examination recently. It was happened three weeks ago, which my schedule for the examination was began on 22nd April till 27th April and the last day on 7th May.

When I looked to the space between my second last paper and the last one were very long and far, so I decided to back to my hometown at Kota Bharu for one week. I had already bought the ticket’s return to the campus at that night while I was leaving to my country. The ticket was on 5th May by 9 p.m, which one day before my last examination paper. I expected that I will be in campus on 6th May and had enough time to spend the day revising my examination.

After several days at home, the night on 5th May was coming. I took my bus and began my return journey to campus UKM. It took me about 8 hours to arrive at my destination, Hentian Kajang. Unfortunately, my travel was not working well. By 2.30 a.m, I awake from my deep sleep because I felt that the bus stopped and did not move at all. It was on the road. There was no light on my right and my left. I realized that the bus in the middle of the forest. In front of the bus, I saw few cars and buses. At first, I did not think much of it, and got back to sleep.

After a while, I was awakened by a noise of a conversation between two passengers were sat behind me. The conversation was attracted me and I asked them about the topic. From their information, there was an accident in ten miles from our location. It was a overloaded lorry or truck, which it brought tons of log. The lorry was slipped and turned down on the road, and blocked both of the ways.

There were tens of cars, vans, buses, lorries and others transport were stranded on the road. From the information of police station nearer the scene of accident, that the truck and it’s payload will be displaced early in the morning. Most of the buses passengers experienced high levels of anxiety and also the feeling of unhappiness and disappointment on their faces and actions. They were the persons who work salaried. Their own employees were getting mad of their absents without notice. This situation was getting worst because no signal in there in the middle of the forest. The mothers and their small babies and children also not comfortable with this condition. So that, the babies often cried and whimpered.

And me, of course had a high levels of anxiety and dejection that I will miss my last paper or I can’t do my preparation very well. I was not expect that that thing was happened to me. I imagined that ‘I was missed my paper and I have to repeat it again…Ohhh..It was totally scared me’.

At 9.30 a.m, the bus driver told us that the crane was arrived and started their work. Unlucky, the crane can’t have been carrying the heavy loads. So, it needed the bigger crane to solve it. By 12 p.m, the other crane reached and started their work again. Finally, the hard works gave the good result that the lorry and it’s payload can remove from the road successfully. It was 2.30 p.m at that time.

By 3 p.m, my bus and the others were continued the journey to our own destination. After half an hour, I felt so not comfortable. I had a serious headache till I was vomited all of my stomach contents for three times. I was quite desperated to reache to my destination as fast as possible. Finally, it was the time that my bus was arrived by 8.45 p.m. I reached at my college on 9.30 p.m and took a deep rest for a few hours.

Although, I had faced this incident that I will never forget and I will remember that for the next time, so that this event not happen again to me. But, there was something maked me so happy because I was sit and did my last examination paper successfully. I hope so.

No comments: